pink button - my story pink button - Facebook pink button - twitter pink button - Instagram pink button - pinterest

Monday, November 25, 2013

Photographers && Engagement Photos

I've said this before and I'll say it again: Aside from the venue, choosing the right photographer was the most important thing to me. I want to have pictures that I absolutely love and have no regrets about photos that I don't get.
Searching for photographers online made my stomach squirm. How was I supposed to trust any of these people? It wasn't in my budget to choose one of the $7,000 photographers that included a second or third photographer and tons of weddings already under their belt. But I was also willing to splurge a little on a photographer.
I have and will always argue that if you're going to splurge on anything, splurge on the photographer.
Weddings are expensive, but the only thing you get to keep from it are your pictures! And the skill of your photographer really is important.

That's why I am so so happy that we chose the photographer we did! We did our engagement shoot yesterday and it was so easy. She always old us exactly how to pose and she saw everything. She made sure to tell me if my shirt got tugged too low, if my skirt needed to be smoothed, if my hair was in my face. She also sees lighting like no one else does. She led us into a courtyard where hundreds of kids were running around and we stood in the middle of a breezeway and took pictures in the middle of this madness!!  But we had no doubt she had her reasons. Here's the proof:
It was all about the lighting and she always seemed to see the picture before she took it.
Taking our engagement pictures was so much fun and I'm so glad we did it. We'll have pictures to add to our invitations and we were able to spend time with our photographer before the wedding. If I did before, now I have absolutely no doubt that she will so an amazing job at our wedding and I will have pictures that I love!

Here's the rest of the sneak peaks she posted on Facebook:
 
As you can see by the watermark her name is Gretchen Wakeman and you can find her Facebook page by clicking here!
I also just have to add a disclaimer and say that if you decide to do anything with these pictures, which honestly would be kind of weird and creepy, do NOT edit them in any way or remove the watermark!


No comments:

Post a Comment